-->

Thursday 24 July 2008

How to Get the Most from Your Massage

Balance Holistics Massage Bristol
Here are a few things that you can do to help you get the most from your massage.

Before
Make sure you give yourself enough time to get to your appointment to ensure that you arrive on time so that you don’t miss any of your treatment time. Also, if you have rushed, it will leave you flustered when you arrive and will take you longer to relax. Make sure you know where you are going too. This will reduce the potential of getting lost or turning up at the wrong place, both of which can cause unnecessary stress.

You may want to have a shower and remove your makeup before going to your appointment. This will mean that your therapist doesn’t have to remove any makeup before starting a facial for example therefore increasing the amount of time you will have for massage. It will also mean that your skin will more readily absorb any oils used in the treatment.

Avoid eating a heavy meal before your treatment as it can feel quite uncomfortable lying on a full stomach while having your back massaged. You should also avoid drinking alcohol beforehand.

During
Some people like to talk during a treatment, while others like to stay silent. There are benefits to both and depends on the person. I personally prefer to remain quiet and relax fully when I’m having a massage, although I often end up drifting off to sleep!

If you feel uncomfortable at any point during a treatment, make sure you let your therapist know. You can always have an extra cushion or blanket! Many massage couches have face holes for you to rest your face while laying on your front. Not everyone likes using these as it can feel a little claustrophobic so make sure you try it out before your massage starts. A small rolled up towel under your forehead and a cushion under your chest can often make using the face hole more comfortable.

Give feedback to your therapist. If the pressure is to firm or too soft let them know.

If your mind starts to wander on to trivial things like what you are going to cook for dinner or how much ironing needs doing, acknowledge these thoughts, and then let them drift away and bring your focus to how the massage feels or on your breathing. Perhaps you might like to visualise all the stress and tension being released from your body or even pick an affirmation to repeat, for example “I am relaxed and stress-free”.

And After.
Sometimes after a treatment you can feel a little dizzy or light-headed. Try not to rush when sitting up and getting off the treatment couch. Take your time!

Drink plenty of water after a treatment to help encourage the release of toxins and waste products.

Cut down on tea, coffee, and other drinks that contain caffeine for 24 hours as Holistic Therapies can speed up the effect that stimulants have on the body and also you will be putting toxins back in the body that your detoxifying treatment has helped to remove. Try drinking herbal teas, fruit juices, and water. Also try to avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours after treatment for the same reasons.

Eat a light and healthy diet at least for the rest of the day. This allows your body to put its energy into healing itself rather than trying to digest heavy, unhealthy foods.

Listen to your body! If you feel tired, simply put your feet up, rest and relax. If you feel energetic go for a short walk or a swim but don’t over do it. If you are feeling tired from your treatment, do not operate any machinery or drive.

Your Therapist may have shown you how to do some hand reflexology, or some simple exercises or stretches to help with tension, or even breathing and relaxation techniques. You can use these techniques and advice to help yourself in between appointments. Ensure that you follow their guidelines correctly to ensure safe application of any techniques or products.

So now you are equipped with all the advice you need to get the most from your massage. Now all that is left is for you to relax and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his emai:

    AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete