-->

Thursday 17 July 2008

The Wonder of Epsom Salts Baths

Epsom Salts Baths
Hot baths are great for unwinding after a hard day at work, soothing aching muscles, and for general relaxation. They are also incredibly healing – especially if you add a couple handfuls of Epsom salts to it.

Epsom salts are made of the mineral magnesium sulphate. It has many affects on the body when absorbed through the skin in a bath. These include:

• drawing toxins from the body
• soothing aches and pains
• reducing stiffness in the muscles and joints
• relaxing muscles
• sedating the nervous system
• reducing inflammation
• softening the skin
• removing odour (It makes an excellent foot soak!)

You can even use the salts to rub over the skin as an exfoliator!

Just add two handfuls of Epsom salts to hot bath water and soak for a minimum of 20 minutes. You can also add a few drops of essential oils to enhance the relaxation experience – you can’t go wrong with a few drops of Lavender!

You might like to place a cold compress on your forehead or around your neck to prevent any light-headedness. Before you get out of the bath, rinse or sponge down your body with cool or tepid water to close the pores and balance the circulation. Always make sure that you get out of the bath slowly afterwards.

When having an Epsom salts bath, do not use any other products like bubble bath or shower gels as the salts will not work as well. Reserve this type of bath for relaxation and save the cleaning for another time!

After your bath, it is a good idea to drink plenty of water to replace the fluids lost from perspiration and to help eliminate any toxins and waste products from your body.

Please note, do not have hot baths or salt baths if you have heart problems, varicose veins, high blood pressure, are diabetic or are pregnant – speak to your GP first.

If it’s not convenient to have a bath, you can also benefit from Epsom salts by using them in a hot compress. Add a couple handfuls of salts to a bowl of hot water and allow to dissolve. Place a small towel in the bowl to soak, squeeze out any excess water and apply to the body. To keep the warmth in you can insulate the area with warm towels.

Salt, including Epsom Salt, is very cleansing and can help rid you of any negative energies which you may have picked up during your day and re-energise you leaving you feel more positive, grounded and relaxed.

So what are you waiting for? Go buy some Epsom Salts now to benefit from this healing, wonderful, and, most importantly, natural mineral! You can purchase Epsom salts from most chemists and health food stores.

More information about Epsom Salts and its health benefits can be found on the Epsom Salt Industry Council website.

A truly healing experience!

5 comments:

  1. In the late 1980s a magical thing was intrudes to the customers and from that day the magical thing is known as massage chair. At the time of discovery it wasn't a big success because people were less conscious about health, but as since the financial condition progresses mails and females are becoming very much aware of their health problems and many studies have proven the benefits of a massage equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is very helpful, thank you. All of the organs in the human body require magnesium for functioning: This is particularly true for your kidneys, muscles, and your heart. Magnesium is a calcium regulator and it regulates vitamin D, potassium, Zinc, and copper levels in the body. See more here http://survival-mastery.com/med/health/uses-for-epsom-salt.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his emai:

    AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete