-->

Wednesday 7 January 2009

Run Down of 2008

As 2008 ends and we head in to the new year I thought it would be a fitting time to give a run down of what’s been happening for Balance Holistics during 2008.

In March, I finished my Reiki training. I started on my Reiki path in June 2006 when I reached level 1 (Shoden) with a Reiki Master in Nottingham. After moving to Bristol, I continued my training with Ruth Hartley of ReikiJoy reaching level 2 (Okuden) in February 2007, and then my Master/Teacher level (Shinpiden) early last year. More information about Reiki can be found on the Balance Holistics website.

April saw the launch of Balance Holistics’ new website. Thank you to everyone for their contributions, comments and feedback.

In June, I attended Silverhill School Ladies Pamper and Shopping Evening in Winterbourne where I provided 15-minute taster sessions in Hot Stone Massage and Aromatherapy Massage. It was a very busy and enjoyable evening. I also attended several Pamper Parties around Bristol which were arranged through The Pamper Company. At the end of June, I left my part-time job to focus all my energy and efforts on Balance Holistics.

Balance Holistics blog was launched in July.

In September, I attended a two-day Advanced Massage Techniques course in Newport. I will be attending the follow-up day to this course in June 2009. At the end of September, I travelled to Donnington Park for the annual FHT Holistic Conference. I attended several talks and workshops on various aspects of holistic therapies including The Balance Procedure, How to avoid burnout, and Using music and meditation with Indian Head Massage.

October was a quite month for Balance Holistics as I was away on holiday in Thailand for three weeks.

In early December, I received 7th Kyu in Shotokan Karate. I started training with Bristol Shotokan Karate back in January and have been progressing through the belts. Karate helps to keep me balanced and gives me focus. It complements my healing practice perfectly.

I’d like to say a big thank you to all of my clients for their business in the past year and wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

2009 is a year of professional development for me. I have booked on to various training courses to further my skills in existing therapies I practice including Advanced Massage Techniques and Essential Oils for Pregnancy and Childbirth. I will also be training in two completely new therapies – Thai Foot Massage and Holistic Facials.

No comments:

Post a Comment