-->

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Aromatherapy Bath Salts

Aromatherapy Bath Salts
At Christmas, I made a whole batch of Aromatherapy Bath Salts as gifts for friends and relatives. Everyone really liked them as I tailored each one to their own skin type and other needs. My favourite was the one I made for my mum scented with Geranium, Rose, and Lavender.

In this post, I am going to share the recipe that I used to make these heavenly bath salts so that you too can give it a go for yourself. They are simple and quick to make.

You will need 2 cups of Epsom Salt or Dead Sea Salt, 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda; and 10-12 drops of essential oils.

To make the bath salts, mix the salt with the bicarbonate of soda in a bowl. Add your chosen essential oils to the salt and mix well. Pour the salts in to clean glass jars and put the lids on.

For dry and sensitive skin, you could use lavender, chamomile, geranium, rose, neroli, frankincense, sandalwood, jasmine, or ylang ylang essential oils.

For oily skin, you could use bergamot, lemon, tea tree, clary sage, lemongrass, petitgrain, cypress, geranium, juniper, lavender, rosemary, cedarwood, ylang ylang, sandalwood, or patchouli essential oils.

For mature skin, you could use clary sage, cypress, lavender, melissa, rosemary, geranium, benzoin, frankincense, neroli, patchouli, rose, or jasmine essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment