-->

Friday 8 August 2008

Professional Association Membership

After qualifying as a Holistic Therapist, I chose to join a professional therapists association called the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). It has the largest membership of any therapy organisation in the UK with over 21,000 members.

To ensure high professional standards, the FHT devised a Code of Ethics and Professional Practice. As a member of the FHT, I have agreed to abide by this code as follows:

• Acting in the best interests of my clients and treating them with respect
• Taking responsibility for my own actions
• Respecting other practitioners and health professionals
• Practicing only within the limits of my competence
• Making sure my behaviour does not damage the professions reputation
• Observing confidentiality
• Practicing within the law
• Maintaining high standards of hygiene
• Maintaining and developing my knowledge and skills

The FHT encourages all its Members to continue to improve their skills and grow their knowledge. Each year, I am required to practice Continuing Personal & Professional Development (CPPD) in order for me to stay a member of the association. I regularly attend workshops/seminars, talks, training courses and conferences. I also regularly read books, magazines, journals and websites related to Holistic Therapies, general health, and wellbeing. All these activities help to enhance my skills and knowledge in the therapies I practice, broadens my knowledge of holistic therapies as a whole, and keeps me in touch with current practices.

Although not part of the CPPD program, I regularly receive massages. I feel that this is an important part of being a therapist as it allows me to experience what it is like to be a client, to see how other therapists work, and it also looks after my own wellbeing.

By choosing a therapist who is a member of a professional association such as the FHT, you can be safe in the knowledge that your therapist
• is fully qualified and holds a nationally recognised qualification in the therapies they practice;
• holds a Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance policy;
• abides by a code of ethics ensuring professional practice and conduct; and
• is continuously honing their skills as a therapist.

More information about the Federation of Holistic Therapists can be found on their website.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete