-->

Friday 6 February 2009

2008 in Books

Holistic Therapy Books
As mentioned in a previous post, I regularly read books, magazines, journals and websites related to Holistic Therapies, general health, and wellbeing. This helps to enhance my skills and knowledge in the therapies I practice, broadens my knowledge of holistic therapies as a whole, and keeps me in touch with current practices.

Below is a list of books that I read and found helpful in 2008.

The Endometriosis Natural Treatment Program: A Complete Self-help Plan for Inproving Your Health and Well-being by Valeria Ann Worwood & Julia Stonehouse
Counselling Skills for Complementary Therapists by Rosie March-Smith
The Healing Crisis by Bruce Fife, N.D
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay
Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss, PhD
Deep Tissue Massage: A Visual Guide to Techniques by Art Riggs
The Art of Wiccan Healing by Sally Morningstar
Facials & Skincare in Essence by Helen McGuinness
Sport & Remedial Massage Therapy by Mel Cash
Reiki Questions and Answers: 200 Questions and Answers for Beginners (Reiki Guide) by Lawrence Ellyard
Creative Journal: The Art of Finding Yourself by Lucia Capacchione, PhD

I did buy several other books but I haven’t got round to reading them yet.

I found all of these very helpful and have incorporated many techniques and ideas I learnt from the books in to my treatments and consultation process.

I like to read books on common conditions such as the Endometriosis book listed above so that I can fully understand these conditions which clients may come to see me for and be able to advise on various remedies, for example, an aromatherapy massage oil to relieve abdominal pain.

I also subscribe to an international trade journal called Today's Therapist and the FHT's magazine International Therapist. Both journals come out every two months and contain heaps of articles on different therapies, massage techniques, oils, and much much more. I find them enjoyable to read and have learnt a lot from them.

I don’t think I have a favourite book from 2008; they were all enjoyable and helpful in different ways. Lets hope the books I read in 2009 are as good as these were.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment