-->

Monday 27 April 2009

Balance Holistics’ Top Five Most Read Posts

Top Five Holistic Therapy Posts
Photo by pontuse.
I meant to write this post at the beginning of the year giving a rundown of the top five most read posts of 2008 but I never got round to it. So I thought I’d write the post now and report on my top five most read holistic therapy blog posts since starting the blog last year.

The top five most popular posts were based on the number of views per post. The title of the post links to the actual post and I have also included a few sentences from the post to give you a brief idea what the post is about (although the titles are pretty self explanatory).

1. Hopi Ear Candling and Flying
“Are you jetting off on your Summer holidays but not looking forward to the pressure pain you get in your ears during take-off and landing? Then why not try Hopi Ear Candling. It is an excellent treatment to have before you fly to help ease these symptoms…”

2. Bunions From a Reflexology Point of View
“According to the TheFreeDictionary's Medical dictionary, “a bunion is an abnormal enlargement of the joint (the first metatarsophalangeal joint, or MTPJ) at the base of the great or big toe (hallux). It is caused by inflammation and usually results from chronic irritation and pressure from poorly fitting footwear.” From a Reflexology point of view, Bunions are an indication of congestion along the spleen/pancreas meridian…”

3. What is a Healing Crisis?
“Sometimes after a Holistic treatment, you may feel your symptoms get worse before they get better. For example, if you suffer from psoriasis, you may experiences an increase in breakouts for a period of time while the body eliminates any toxins from the skin. Occasionally after a holistic treatment, you may also experience reactions when the body begins its self-healing process and elimination of toxins. This is called a healing crisis…”

4. The Wonder of Tiger Balm
“There are two varieties of Tiger Balm available – white and red. Each has the same ingredients but the amount of each differs. The red version also contains Cassia. Tiger Balm Red is the original product and is better for stronger pain. Tiger Balm White is a gentler product but is still very effective. It has so many uses – a lot more than it says on the pot. I carry it with me everywhere…”

5. Using Hot and Cold Compresses to Relieve Pain
“Hot and cold compresses play an invaluable role in the management of pain. They are particularly useful in helping with acute pain, but are also beneficial if you are suffering with chronic pain. They can also help with stiffness and muscle tension…”

My favourite post. It is hard for me to pick one favourite post as I have written so many (46 since starting the blog in July 2008). I have enjoyed researching and writing all of them. I quite like The Wonder of Epsom Salts Baths . I regularly use Epsom Salts at home and I’m always recommending them to clients to help reduce inflammation, soothe aches and pains, and relax the muscles. Another favourite is The Wonder of Tiger Balm (fourth most read blog post) – I think Tiger Balm is amazing!

What post did you enjoy reading the most? Which one did you think was the most informative? What would you like to see more on the Balance Holistics blog? Please share in the comments section.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT POST ABOUT EAR CANDLING ITS ONE OF THOSE THINGS YOU ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT BUT NEVER REALLY UNDERSTAND TOO MUCH SO THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reflexologist, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Ear Candling and flying post. As someone who suffers with pressure pain in the ears and sinuses when flying, I'm relieved to find something that can help reduce it. Tiger Balm is another thing I swear by - used it on the plane on the way back from Thailand - it really clears your nose!

    ReplyDelete